Focus on yoga
resources, stories & more because yoga really is for everyone.
Here we share a few videos of practices that are different styles, different instructors, different lengths – no one pays us to be featured this is just stuff we have tried and like. Features change every other month and the previous features are available as a post by the instructor as well (so you can easily find them again), just search for ‘yoga practices’ on the site to find a full list (which is a little short since we’re new :-)).
Yin Yoga and A Morning Vinyasa Flow
If you ever wanted to learn Yin Yoga, Kassandra is the instructor for you. Yin yoga practitioners essentially hold poses for longer periods of time and the focus is more on connective tissue and joints rather than muscles. Kassandra also offers classes with other focuses as well but her speciality is Yin. She has several vinyasa flow classes available, in fact she has a lot of videos with offerings in various lengths and levels (over 200). We selected 2 practices to share today. One yin yoga style class and one morning practice to get you stretched and ready for the day. Kassandra offers her videos online, on youtube.com, for free and they are available for download – donation based. She also has an affordable paid membership program specifically for women that includes monthly downloads, book club, private facebook group and forums. You can get to know her and find her videos and other offerings at the following links:
Yas You Can!
This summer’s inspirational story focuses on Arthur Boorman, you may have seen his story before, but if you haven’t watch it here now.
‘Just because I can’t do it today, doesn’t mean I’m not going to be able to do it someday.’ – Arthur Boorman
Doctor’s and naysayers didn’t support Arthur Boorman’s dream to one day be healed. Searching on the internet for an unrelated topic, he stumbled upon the former professional wrestler, Diamond Dallas Page who teaches yoga. In May 2007, after months of painstaking willpower and his yoga practice, the war veteran walked alone for the first time in 15 years. He continued his practice and now he can run and teaches yoga himself.
Yoga is accessible to everyone!
Your friends don’t need them and your enemies won’t believe them.
Let’s break the myth that it is simply and only for the affluent. The world is an abundant place. If you believe that it is inaccessible or out of your reach, we want to help you find the resources to practice. Then, as your financial situation changes, you can always support the teachers and websites that offer information and services when it is the right time for you. Until then, no excuses. Scroll down for resources.
Yoga Articles & Featured Practices
- How yoga makes us happy, according to science
- How Yoga is Helping Girls Heal from Trauma
- Lara from Sukha Yoga Australia
- Yoga Heals! How Yoga Changed Arthur Boorman’s Life
- Yoga is bringing well-being and employment to young people in Africa
- Yin Yoga and a Vinyasa Flow
- Hip Hip Hooray and Infographic with Yoga Poses for Hips
- Yoga an endless list of styles, the list goes on and on and on…
- Ashtanga is it a yoga practice style or 8 limbs towards a purposeful life?
- What to expect when you sign-up for yoga teacher training!
- Introduction to Asanas – 5 Yoga Poses Infographic
- Yoga Asana – 3 legged downward dog
- Yoga with Adriene
- Tree Pose, Mythology, Benefits and an Infographic
- Yoga Speak, Coming to Terms with the Language of Yoga
- An insider’s guide to your first yoga class!
- Five Habits to Cultivate your Yoga Practice
- Yoga is as Simple as Taking A Seat: Chair Pose